Uncover the beauty underneath
Microdermabrasion is a rejuvenation treatment that exfoliates the top layer of skin in order to reveal a smoother, brighter complexion underneath. It is done without chemicals and can be performed on the face, neck, decolletage, hands, chest, and back.
Uncover a smoother, more even complexion with a concentrated exfoliation treatment utilizing the same machine found in plastic surgeons and dermatologists offices. The DiamondTome™ machine with diamond-tipped wands is a high powered treatment modality. It addresses surface skin imperfections like sun damage, discoloration, fine lines, age spots, rough texture, flaking, blackheads, oiliness, and pores with absolutely no downtime.
Wand strength (fine, medium, coarse) and number of passes are selected based on client goals, skin type and skin condition. We typically recommend an initial series of four to six treatment sessions spaced one to three weeks apart. And, after initial treatments, maintenance treatments quarterly with each change of season. You’ll immediately notice a healthy glow and renewed softness to skin.
Tips to Get the Most out of Your Treatment
Microdermabrasion can alleviate many of your skin concerns. To get the most out of each treatment session, follow these tips:
- Focus on using antioxidant and hydrating products especially the first 3 days following treatment.
- Use clean makeup brushes when applying makeup as to not redistribute bacteria on your freshly treated skin.
- Consider changing your pillowcase and wiping off your cell phone with an alcohol wipe to reduce bacteria exposure, especially if you are prone to breakouts.
- Do not pick at your skin. Consider scheduling a follow up express treatment for extractions or pro exfoliation for sloughing skin to continue the renewal process professionally, reducing the risk of scarring and marks.
- Drink lots of water to help your skin flush out toxins.
- Some clients may experience purging. Facial treatments are are designed to clear toxins deep in the skin. Any impurities under the skin will come to the surface within a short time after the treatment, so a breakout can be a good indicator of the skin clearing impurities from within. They typically resolve within a couple of days.
- Schedule your next treatment based on your individualized recommendation – consistency is key in cultivating a beautiful and vibrant complexion.
Post-Care Instructions for Microdermabrasion
Any substance that is applied post-treatment is absorbed very quickly and deeply into newly exfoliated skin. A slight rosy glow, much like a sunburn, may appear for approximately 24-48 hours after your treatment. Your skin may feel “wind burned,” dry, and/or tight and will also be more vulnerable.
The risk of getting sunburned following a microdermabrasion treatment increases dramatically. Due to the nature of the treatment, you should not necessarily expect to “peel”. However, you may have light to moderate flaking in a few localized areas for 3 to 7 days.
Read through the rest of our post-care instructions below. These may not apply to all clients. You will receive your individualized post-care instructions after and during your treatment session.
- Aerobic exercise or vigorous physical activity should be avoided until all redness has subsided.
- Direct sunlight exposure is to be completely avoided immediately following the treatment (including any strong UV light exposure and tanning beds). If sun exposure cannot be avoided, first apply sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or greater. Although sunscreen should be a part of your daily skin care, for a minimum of two weeks, a sunscreen with at least a SPF of 30 must be applied.
- Cleanse your face with water and a gentle cleanser twice daily. After each cleanse, apply a gentle moisturizer, followed by a mild sunscreen (minimum SPF 30). If an area other than the face is treated, you only need to cleanse once daily, followed by sunscreen. In the event that you may have additional questions or concerns regarding your treatment or suggested home product / post-treatment care, please contact us.
- Mineral makeup may be applied following a treatment. If you experience sensitivity following makeup application, remove it with a gentle cleanser.
- Do not use glycolic, alpha hydroxy, beta hydroxy, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, or topical acne medications for 24-hours following treatment. You may resume using these products after this period as instructed by your Aesthetician.
- You may resume prescription retinoid products (Retin A, Renova, Tretinoin, Avita, Alustra, or other brands of Tretinoin) and other prescription retinoid products (Adapalene, Avage, Differin, Tazorac, and Tazarotene) 3 days after last skin treatment, or as instructed by your aesthetician.
- Do not peel, pick, scratch, or scrub skin. This can result in scarring and/or infection. If your skin becomes itchy, use a clean cotton swab to gently rub the itchy spot.
- Refrain from waxing, electrolysis, or other hair removal methods for 7 days. Upon resumption, please notify your technician that you recently had a microdermabrasion.